Saturday, August 2, 2008

IBM ISL internship

IBM ISL internship at yerwada, was one of the very good experience in da college life.
First of all my project was Web based, for which I have been working almost for one year, so I could directly start of with main working, rather than doing some preparation or exploring kinda work.
Experience was great as it had free culture, focus was the work and innovation in it. You were free to have your own working time and ( almost :P) anything that will give better results. People @ ISL were very encouraging and co - operative, enjoyed working there for two and half months.
One more interesting thing @ ISL is playing pool :P.
I mean on the first day, Ayush ( one of my friend from college at internship) and me had decided, we donno wat we will be learning from ISL , but we wont leave chance of learning pool lol.
People @ISL were frustrated finding us every time there, near pool table :) , but we used to forget all our work once we start playing pool. Great fun. Some things don't last for too long and some one broke ( I hate that person who ever that may be) the stick and we could not play pool in the later part of internship :( .
I learned one important thing here ( apart from pool :P ),
Good programming practice ie. style of coding, regularity in the pattern etc will always save your efforts, ie. in finding bugs , to extend code etc, hope so this will help in me in BE project.
One must have internship experience, so that he will come to know importance of week ends :P , college and one year that he will be having in his hand.
Some times you have to come in formals @ISL, so at least for one year I am not gonna wear formals :)

3 comments:

nik.agarwal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nik.agarwal said...

Hey Can you please tell me the procedure to apply for IBM ISL internship??

Priyanka Chatterjee said...

Hi!! I a 3rd year CSE student from NIT Durgapur. I want to do an internship at ISL in summer 2010. Can you please post how to go about it??
Do we have to apply through the training and placement cell or we can approach directly?
Also give some tips regarding the interview and their selection process.Thanks in advance.