Saturday, August 2, 2008

Engineering Vs Medical

When I was in my school, I always used to watch ads of education plan by LIC etc,
characters in da ads used to say ' main banoonga doctor '. Obviously becoming a doctor was considered to be best profession because of it's noble motive ie. saving life and amount of money involved.
So obviously, I used to think those who are doctors are working for human kind, and it is THE best profession which will enable you to do that. I used to think Engineers only work for commercial requirement like buildings, cars, software etc.
But last year I did a project at IITB Techfest, which was in health care domain.
ie. how engineering can be employed to improve life of millions of people.
Isn't that interesting, I mean even after being in engineering I can do some thing that will save life of millions of people or something that will make people more healthy. So rather than thinking Engineering Vs Medical, now a days I am thinking about ideas like, Engineering in Medical domain.
A huge field of innumerable opportunity right from software to mechanical to electronics.
Personally I think, student in the engineering colleges in India ( forget India , at least in my college ) , should be made aware of the fact and opportunity in this area, I am planning to have one lecture about this, to inform my juniors, lets see how it turns out to be. But I think this field has huge potential to make our lives better and who wont like to be part of it :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.